Justin Timberlake is the epitome of a style icon. Although we may now laugh at more than a few of his early looks, his sense of fashion has been followed by gents for countless years. So too have his hairstyles (and for a good reason). J.T.’s hair is always on point and impeccably styled. Whether it’s the polished undercut he sports today or the curly ringlets of his boy band days, Justin’s haircuts have always been perfectly on-trend and appropriately done. So, in honour of his dynamic and dapper locks, here’s how you can recreate J.T.’s most iconic hairstyles.
Justin Timberlake Undercut
Being the fashionable man that he is, J.T. has caught on to one of the biggest haircut trends of the moment: the undercut. His stylish version features faded sides for a more subtle and gentlemanly take on the trend.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Undercut
- Blow-dry clean hair, using air to direct the sides downwards and top backward.
- Comb hair into position, defining the part.
- Use hands to apply gel to the top of your hair.
- Finish with a small amount of hairspray.
2. Justin Timberlake Spiked Up
Justin often wears his hair short. When he does grow it out, however, one of the ways he likes to wear it is with this cool and messy, spiked style.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Spiked Up
- Blow-dry clean hair, directing hair upwards to create volume.
- Use fingers to apply a matte paste, wax or clay, from the roots to the tips of strands.
- Finish with a light spray of hairspray.
3. Justin Timberlake Pompadour
The modern-day pompadour is one of the most stylish haircuts around. Featuring maximum volume on top and minimum length on the sides, this handsome hairstyle is sure to have you feeling as cool as J.T. in no time.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Pompadour
- Blow-dry hair using a round brush to dry the top of your hair up and back.
- Use hands to rub some pomade through hair, concentrating on the top.
- Comb the sides of hair flat and back.
- Comb the top of your hair up and around your free hand to create the pomp.
- Keep combing hair up and patting ends down to achieve the desired result.
- Finish with hairspray.
4. Justin Timberlake Short Hair
Justin’s naturally curly hair gives him plenty of texture to make even the shortest cut interesting. If you’re not born with J.T.’s characteristic strands, however, you can still recreate this style with the help of some product.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Short Hair
- Wash hair with a good shampoo and conditioner.
- Allow hair to dry naturally.
- If needed, apply wax, pomade or gel to hair, smoothing through with fingers.
- To create a messier look, pinch clumps of hair in different directions.
5. Justin Timberlake Curly Hair
Justin has sported many hairstyles with many different lengths. This short-all-over style, however, is a timeless option for gents with curls. Just remember to add definition with some product to keep frizz and fluffiness at bay.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Curly Hair
- Wash hair using a curl defining shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply a small amount of mousse to towel-dried hair.
- Blow-dry hair.
- Finish by defining curls with a small amount of pomade.
6. Justin Timberlake Side Part
By adding a side part to his hair, Justin adds a degree of polish to his style. This classic look features a dapper aesthetic and works best with neatly blow-dried and combed strands.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Side Part
- Rinse and towel dry hair.
- Apply some matte hairstyling wax.
- Comb hair, creating a deep side part.
- Blow-dry hair, directing the sides and back downwards. Use a round brush to pull the top of hair up and to the side while blow-drying across.
- Finish with some thickening hairspray.
Justin Timberlake Comb-Over
Taking the side part to the next level, Justin often indulges in the comb over. Although the style has been around for decades, he manages to keep the look fresh and contemporary by leaving plenty of volume on top and keeping sides dramatically short.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Comb-Over
- Start with clean, towel-dried hair.
- Blow-dry hair on high heat.
- Work styling cream into hair from roots to ends.
- Use a comb to create a side part or separate hair with fingers.
- Comb hair over and smooth down with pomade.
Justin Timberlake Buzz Cut
Although a buzz cut is often the option for gents who couldn’t care less about their hair, it’s also a stylish look for those who do. Justin rocked this cut not all that long ago and proved that the simple look can be completely cool.
How to Style Justin Timberlake Buzz Cut
- Simply wake up and go.
- Take regular care of your scalp with anti-dandruff shampoo, treatments, and sunscreen.
- Regularly trim.
Justin Timberlake Slicked Back Hair
Justin’s slicked back look is stylish and clean with just the right amount of edge. Featuring a faded undercut, the look reads modern and suave with just the right amount of product to hold everything in place without looking greasy.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Slicked Back Hair
- Apply pomade to damp hair.
- Comb hair backward from the hairline to the crown.
- Blow-dry hair backwards, continuing to comb throughout the process.
- Keep hair in place using hairspray.
Justin Timberlake 90’s Hair
Way back in the ’90s, Justin was rocking some serious curls. These days, the style has evolved into a longer, more rugged look featuring full volume and plenty of movement.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s 90’s Hair
- Wash hair, skipping the shampoo and just conditioning.
- While conditioning, comb through hair with a wide-toothed comb to gently detangle.
- Once clean, apply either pomade, natural oil or a leave-in conditioner to damp hair to decrease frizz and maximize hold.
- Allow hair to dry naturally.
Justin Timberlake Straight Hair
Even when Justin wears his hair straight, he remembers to keep things interesting with plenty of texture. Pulling off the short and clean look would be nearly impossible without some texture to keep it from appearing flat and boring.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Straight Hair
- Wash hair with smoothing shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow-dry hair while using fingers to pull roots upwards.
- Add texture to hair by applying some styling gel and pulling strands upwards.
Although we’re not advocating that cornrows come back into style, there has been an increase in male braids. For 2017, ditch the all-over cornrows and opt for a single braid or two along your part line.
How to Style the Man Braid
- Start with damp, rinsed hair.
- Take a 2cm section of hair from your hairline next to your part.
- Separate the section into three equal pieces.
- Start braiding hair, taking turns to weave each piece of hair into the centre of the three.
- Continue moving along the part, gathering any hair in the way into the braid.
- Secure the braid with a small elastic.
- Finish with hairspray.
Justin Timberlake Ramen Hair
While everyone may have had a good chuckle at J.T.’s “ramen noodle” hairstyle from the ’90s, it seems that he may be the one getting the last laugh. After all, the “Ramen” is back. Short on the sides with full-volume curls on top, this look was pioneered by Justin. To turn it into a modern style, however, remember to ditch the bleach blonde and over-used gel, and opt for a more natural look instead.
How to Style Justin Timberlake’s Ramen Hair
- Wash hair using curl-enhancing shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow-dry hair from the roots up while using a vent brush to lift hair up and back.
- Once dry, gently work pomade into curls to add definition and shine.
Justin Timberlake Beard
Although Justin’s hair may be a source of secret envy amongst gents, his look wouldn’t be complete without his signature facial hair. Falling in-between stubble and a traditional beard, Justin’s manicured facial hair is the ideal length for the polished man.
How to Get Justin Timberlake’s Beard
- Trim your beard regularly to your desired style.
- Apply a tiny amount of beard oil, balm or butter to keep facial hair in good shape.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.