Not many fashion pieces have stood the test of time quite like the high-waisted bikini. The quintessential ’50s swimsuit style is still incredibly popular today and certainly won’t be disappearing anytime soon. Its popularity isn’t a mystery, either. The curve-enhancing and waist-defining contours combined with a leg-lengthening cut make these bottoms a winning look for all ladies. So, if you’re after that enviable hourglass silhouette, the high-waisted bikini can help you get it. You just need to know the most flattering designs to choose, and we can help with this list. Now, just prepare for a seriously hot summer, because you’ll be sizzling in these styles.
- 1 Kiini Chacha Metallic-Trimmed High-Rise Bikini Briefs
- 2 Fella Gregy Belted Striped Bikini Briefs
- 3 Norma Kamali High-Rise Cut-out Bikini Briefs
- 4 SUITEASY Neoprene Swimsuit High Waist Strappy Bottom Swimwear
- 5 Flagpole Autumn Stephanie Bikini
- 6 Zimmermann Tulsa Lattice-Panelled Mesh and Lace Triangle Bikini
- 7 Adriana Degreas Ruffle-Trimmed Triangle Bikini
- 8 Dolce & Gabbana Panelled Polka-Dot Bikini
- 9 Mara Hoffman Printed Bikini
- 10 Solid and Striped Brigitte Striped Bikini
- 11 Lisa Marie Fernandez Colby Ruffle-Trimmed Seersucker Bikini
- 12 Dolce & Gabbana Floral-Print Bikini
1. Kiini Chacha Metallic-Trimmed High-Rise Bikini Briefs
Kiini’s Chacha briefs are made with body-sculpting fabric for the most flattering fit for your frame. They’re also seriously chic with a classic, black design and cool, metallic gold, trim. The high-rise shape combined with the gold waistband also helps to highlight the slimmest part of your body and enhance an hourglass silhouette.
2. Fella Gregy Belted Striped Bikini Briefs
Thanks to their waist-defining belt and leg-lengthening stripes, these Fella Gregy briefs are seriously flattering. The white and blue colour palette is also incredibly chic and injects these sophisticated bottoms with a nautical aesthetic. Pair them with a top in white, navy or black for a sleek look or opt for a contrasting colour, such as yellow or red, for a bold style.
3. Norma Kamali High-Rise Cut-out Bikini Briefs
Black is always a flattering colour, but plain black bikini bottoms can often appear a little dull. To combat this issue, opt for a pair with an eye-catching design detail. Norma Kamali’s High-Rise Cut-out Bikini Briefs, for instance, feature bold cut-outs on the sides to flash a bit of skin while maintaining a sleek style.
4. SUITEASY Neoprene Swimsuit High Waist Strappy Bottom Swimwear
High-waisted bikinis aren’t just for those who love feminine and retro styles. This neoprene bikini bottom proves that a high-rise and athletic aesthetic can go perfectly together. Thanks to their fabrication, neon hue, and zip front, these bottoms provide a seriously chic sports vibe. Try pairing them with a crop top to fashionably complete the look.
5. Flagpole Autumn Stephanie Bikini
Flagpole’s Autumn Stephanie Bikini is made with sculpting Italian fabric to flatter every figure. The minimalistic design, which comes in a fresh mint green hue, also boasts colour-blocked bottoms. These panels of light and dark shades work to visually slim the waist while adding a fashionable touch.
6. Zimmermann Tulsa Lattice-Panelled Mesh and Lace Triangle Bikini
Leave it to Zimmermann to create a high-waisted bikini set that’s flattering and utterly gorgeous. The Tulsa features smooth stretch fabric as well as black lace and lattice that’s underpinned with beige mesh. The result is a sexy style that’s perfect for showing off at the beach.
7. Adriana Degreas Ruffle-Trimmed Triangle Bikini
Ruffles and the colour red are two of this year’s hottest trends. Combine them in a bikini set and what do you get? The ferociously fashionable Adriana Degreas Ruffle-Trimmed Triangle Bikini. The beautiful two-piece swimsuit, which draws the eyes up to the bust, is perfect for balancing out a pear-shaped silhouette.
8. Dolce & Gabbana Panelled Polka-Dot Bikini
Dolce & Gabbana’s Panelled Pola-Dot Bikini is equal parts pretty and pin-up, making it an excellent swimwear style. Although the gorgeous design references Latin American rumba and salsa costumes, it also contains a stylish retro swimwear vibe.
9. Mara Hoffman Printed Bikini
Thanks to its waist-defining, high-rise bottoms and scooped, tie-front top, the Maria Hoffman Printed Bikini gives off a great retro feel. Just pair it with a stylish vintage hairstyle for the ultimate throwback beach ensemble. Alternatively, a wide-brim straw hat will work perfectly if you plan on getting your locks wet.
10. Solid and Striped Brigitte Striped Bikini
Solid and Striped’s Brigette Striped Bikini recalls the gorgeous swimwear styles of the ’50s. The set’s red and white lines and high-waisted bottoms offer a chic vintage feel and conjure images of the French Riviera. The style is also exactly the kind of swimsuit that we’d expect to find on singer and style icon, Taylor Swift.
11. Lisa Marie Fernandez Colby Ruffle-Trimmed Seersucker Bikini
Navy seersucker fabric and large, white buttons give the Lisa Marie Fernandez Colby Bikini a chic sailor-inspired, retro aesthetic. As well as being seriously stylish, the bikini is also highly becoming. While its high-rise bottoms define the waist, its under-bust ruffles flatter small chests.
12. Dolce & Gabbana Floral-Print Bikini
Due to its halter-neck top and high-waisted bottoms, Dolce & Gabbana’s Floral-Print Bikini is perfect for enhancing or creating the illusion of an hourglass silhouette. The style, which features a blue base colour adorned with the images of roses and butterflies, also offers a sweet and sexy vintage vibe.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.