If you’re looking to give your brown hair a little more life and style, you can’t go past highlights. When done right, highlights have the ability to transform the appearance of your hair in the most flattering of ways. By adding light and dimension, these colored strips can create a radiant appearance. Whether you’re adding subtle, barely-there highlights or something much bolder, you would love the way they enhance and complement your base color. Of course, some combinations naturally look better than others, so it’s important to choose the right highlights for you.
Brown Hair with Highlights
1. Warm Chocolate Hair with Blonde Highlights
If you wear your chocolate hair straight, make sure that any blonde highlights are blended well to prevent creating a striped appearance.
2. Warm Brunette with Caramel Highlights
Partner a warm brown or auburn hair color with caramel highlights for a beautiful and feminine appearance.
3. Warm Blonde Highlights in Brown Hair
Get the “bombshell” look by adding plenty of warm blonde highlights to your brown hair.
4. Short Brown Hair with Highlights
Short hairstyles can appear more flattering and stylish with the addition of some well-placed highlights.
5. Short Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
It’s not just long hair lengths that benefit from the addition of highlights.
6. Rich Brown Hair with Blonde and Caramel Highlights
Create a dimensional and flattering hair color by adding blonde and caramel highlights to rich brown locks.
7. Red-Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
Try adding golden blonde highlights to red-brown hair for an on-trend and rich hair color.
8. Natural Brown Highlights
Highlights just a shade or two lighter than your base tone will appear the most natural and convincing.
9. Medium Brown Highlights on Dark Brown Hair
Adding medium brown highlights to dark brown hair will create a naturally radiant appearance.
10. Medium Brown Hair with Highlights
Highlights will help stop your medium brown hair from looking too one-dimensional.
11. Medium Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
Medium brown hair can work with any shade of blonde highlights but looks particularly striking with warm, sandy tones.
12. Medium Brown Hair with Blonde and Red Highlights
Spice up your medium brown hair color by adding both blonde and red highlights.
13. Light Brown Highlights on Dark Brown Hair
Light brown highlights on dark brown hair is a classic combination that produces natural and beautiful results.
14. Icy Blonde Highlights in Brown Hair
Icy blonde highlights are perfect for making brown hair work with a pale skin tone.
15. Golden Highlights in Dark Brown Hair
Chunky golden highlights in dark brown hair appear edgy and artistic.
16. Golden Highlights in Brown Hair
When it comes to lightening and brightening brown hair, golden highlights are the perfect option.
17. Deep Brunette Hair Color with Caramel Highlights
Deep brown with caramel highlights is an outstanding color combination.
18. Dark Red-Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights
Red-brown hair is a seriously popular color for 2017 and can be made even more lovely with the addition of some caramel highlights.
19. Dark Honey Highlights
Add some dark honey highlights when you want your hair to catch the light and glow.
20. Dark Chocolate Hair with Thin Blonde Streaks
Thin blonde streaks in dark chocolate locks can look stunning, particularly if you wear your hair in loose, beach waves.
21. Dark Chocolate Hair with Light Chocolate Highlights
Light chocolate highlights on a dark chocolate base create a subtle yet complimentary style.
22. Dark Chocolate Hair with Caramel Highlights
Chocolate and caramel are just as good of a match for your hair as they are for your dessert.
23. Dark Brunette with Brown Highlights
Dark brunette hair with brown highlights never goes out of style and always looks stunning.
24. Dark Brown Hair with Vibrant Red Highlights
While blondes play with pastel highlights, brunette’s can indulge in some more vibrant and intense hues.
25. Dark Brown Hair with Toffee Highlights
Ladies with dark brown hair and a warm complexion are the perfect candidates for some gorgeous toffee highlights.
26. Dark Brown Hair with Subtle Highlights
Add dimension and shine to dark brown hair with the addition of some subtle highlights in a shade like mahogany.
27. Dark Brown Hair with Light Blonde Highlights
Combining rich, dark brown hair with ultra-blonde highlights creates a daring and fashion-forward look.
28. Dark Brown Hair with Honey and Blonde Highlights
Honey and warm blonde highlights create a lovely, youthful appearance when added to dark brown strands.
29. Dark Brown Hair with Highlights
Even subtle highlights have the power to instantly transform your hair color.
30. Dark Brown Hair with Dark Blonde Highlights
If you really want to lighten up your dark brown hair, try adding dark blonde highlights all over.
31. Dark Brown Hair with Blonde Streaks
Sometimes, just a couple of strategically placed streaks is all you need to transform your look from plain to perfect.
32. Dark Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
Dark brown hair with blonde highlights creates an edgy and beautiful appearance.
33. Dark Brown Hair Color with Chestnut Highlights
Let chestnut highlights add a light, fiery touch to your dark brown locks this season.
34. Cool Blonde Highlights on Light Brown Hair
Cool blonde highlights add an incredible chicness to light brown locks.
35. Chocolate Hair with Chestnut Highlights
When paired with chestnut highlights, chocolate hair can become even more rich and sensual.
36. Chocolate Hair with Blonde Highlights
The combination of light, chocolate hair with soft blonde highlights can create a gorgeous and surprisingly natural appearance.
37. Chocolate Hair with Blonde and Caramel Highlights
Adding subtle blonde and caramel highlights to chocolate hair is a fantastic way to transition dark locks into warmer weather.
38. Chocolate Brown Hair with Light Brown Highlights and Red Ends
Try balancing coloured ends in chocolate hair by adding some lighter highlights throughout.
39. Chocolate Brown Hair with Highlights
Concentrate highlights around your face to help bring out facial features.
40. Chocolate Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights
Subtle caramel highlights in chocolate brown hair can create a lovely, natural look.
41. Chestnut Hair Color with Blonde Highlights
While chestnut hair is already somewhat bold, the addition of a few blonde highlights takes it to the next level.
42. Caramel Highlights in Curly Brunette Hair
If you have curly brunette hair, consider adding some caramel highlights to make your locks appear naturally sunlit.
43. Caramel Color Hair with Blonde and Auburn Highlights
Pairing a caramel base color with blonde and auburn highlights will create a warm and radiant appearance.
44. Caramel and Blonde Highlights on Light Brown Hair
Caramel and blonde highlights are the perfect way to keep light brown hair from looking mousy.
45. Caramel and Blonde Hair
Try a caramel and blonde hair color when you want to lighten your locks but aren’t quite ready to go completely blonde.
46. Burgundy Brown Hair with Bold Red Highlights
If you have burgundy brown locks, consider adding some bold, red highlights to really spice things up.
47. Brunette with Caramel Highlights
Caramel highlights are perfect for both lightening the appearance of locks and adding warmth.
48. Brunette with Caramel and Blonde Highlights
Mixing caramel and blonde highlights into brunette locks can create a wonderfully warm and creamy colour.
49. Brunette Hair with Auburn Highlights
Try warming up your hair color for autumn with some lovely auburn highlights.
50. Brown Highlights on Brown Hair
Brown highlights on brown hair of a different shade is always a winning combination.
51. Brown Hair with Red Highlights
When deciding upon highlights for your brown hair, don’t forget about red as a stylish option.
52. Brown Hair with Highlights
Sometimes, the most stylish highlights are the ones that are only a shade or two lighter than your base hue.
53. Brown Hair with Golden Highlights
Golden highlights appear warm and rich when partnered with brown locks.
54. Brown Hair with Dark Blonde Highlights
Cool, dark blonde highlights look perfect when paired with cool, medium brown tones.
55. Brown Hair with Blonde and Caramel Highlights
Why choose just one colour of highlights when you can have two?
56. Blonde Highlights in Brown Hair
Adding warm blonde highlights to medium brown hair can create a gorgeous summer style.
57. Blonde and Brown Hair
“Bronde” hair is currently trending and can be created by adding plenty of blonde highlights to brown locks.
58. Ash Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights
If you have ash brown hair, choose either blonde or soft caramel highlights for a lovely look.
59. Ash Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
Ash brown hair can greatly benefit from the added dimension of highlights.
60. Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights
Warm, dark blonde highlights are an excellent way to take brown hair lighter without creating too much contrast.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.